Good morning friends. Hopefully, everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day Weekend. Here is a recipe to start your week off with a bang! It is a super spicy, super delicious, easy breezy dish!
Blackened Cajun Catfish over Black Bean and Corn Salsa with Chipotle Pepper Sauce
What you will need for the Black Bean and Corn Salsa:
- 2, 15 ounce cans of black beans- drained and rinsed
- 1, 16 ounce bag frozen corn- thawed and drained of any extra liquid
- 1/2 medium red onion- diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper- diced
- 1/2 poblano pepper- diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro- leaved picked from stems
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 limes- juiced
Prepare all ingredients into a large glass mixing bowl. Stir well and place in the refrigerator until the catfish has been cooked.
What you will need for the Blackened Cajun Catfish:
- 4 Catfish Filets
- Cajun Seasoning ( I used Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning)
- 2-3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Sprinkle both sides of catfish filets with Cajun seasoning. Use as much or as little as you like. Place in the hot pan and fry for 4 minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Remove from pan and place on lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for another 3-4 minutes.
I found this fantastic chipotle chili pepper sauce at my local grocery store which made an absolutely perfect finish to this dish.
It is also available online at:
You of course can make your own from scratch, but this bottled sauce is so yummy that you will want to spice everything up with it!
Now just plate it all up and garnish with a bit of cilantro and you have a wonderfully elegant dish that is sure to spice up your week. 😉